Ford promised to launch the extension of MyFord app for smartwatches back in June, and the promise has been fulfilled. The app is available for Apple Watch as well as Android Wear smartwatches, and can be downloaded from the respective app stores.
In a press release published by Ford on Wednesday, the company announced that the app will have features including:
- Range and charge status for battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles
- Capability to initiate preconditioning of vehicle cabin remotel
- Locking/unlocking capability
- Vehicle mileage summary
- Last trip summary includes personal driving score, percentage of electric vehicle miles
- Vehicle location provides walking or driving directions back to your parked car
- Google Maps feature with pinch/zoom capability
Although Ford might bring a similar app for their other vehicles, currently it’s only available for Ford electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles (Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Focus Electric and Ford Fusion Energi).
If you’re a Ford enthusiast, check out our website: www.TalkFord.com for interesting gossips and the latest news about America’s favorite automaker.