AB9100

Water resistant

Has there been any information released on rather, or not the iWatch will be water resistant?

That seems like such a good feature for it to have. The iWatch is on you wrist after all. That means there will be plenty of chances for it to get wet. This is a major concern of mine. I do not want to spend my money on a device that will be destroyed if i forget to take it off when i wash my hands.

Does anyone know if this feature will be added?

I don't know it for sure, but I think it will be waterproof, considering that Apple makes top quality products it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

I would agree that is a fair assumption.

However you never know. Apple may decide to go in a different direction, and spend the money, and time they would spend to add water resistance to the iWatch on something else. Maybe they have a different vision for the iWtach.

Al of the rumors, and reports that i have heard. Seem to suggest that Apple is focusing on the look, and design of the iWach. Which is not ideal to me. I want a Gadget, not a fashion statement.

If it does end up being waterproof then that would heavily influence me in buying it. You're right, so many opportunities for it to get wet. But it's Apple, and you never know, they could make not waterproof on purpose to make people have to buy another one. I don't think they would do that, but here's hoping they make it waterproof.

I would agree that is a fair assumption.

However you never know. Apple may decide to go in a different direction, and spend the money, and time they would spend to add water resistance to the iWatch on something else. Maybe they have a different vision for the iWtach.

Al of the rumors, and reports that i have heard. Seem to suggest that Apple is focusing on the look, and design of the iWach. Which is not ideal to me. I want a Gadget, not a fashion statement.

Apple products have always looked good and even so they are good tech equipments too. The fact is that for the price we expect it all, including water proof, just the low cost ones will drop some features.

Well being that a watch has to be worn on the outside of the body and not carried in a case or a pocket I feel like the watch will at least be water resistent.  I don't see the watch being completely water proof or appropriate for diving.  Although I couldn't be surprised if someone came up with a case that made it so if the watch really catches on.  

I just can't see Apple not being careful about putting out some sort of product that could break easily.  I feel like they learned their lesson with the iPhone 4 when it first came out. 

Honestly will all the electronics, and the fact that's is still a rather new technology I don't think it will be waterproof. They probably will be in the future though. Then again I don't know what the real purpose of an iWatch is. If it's a replacement for a daily AND sports watch, then it might be waterproof.

At the price the iWatch will probably have I don't question it will be water proof, Apple will make a complete watch and waterproof will be a part of that I'm pretty sure.

There is really no reason for it not to be, unless they were struggling too much with the price I can't see Apple overlooking something like this. Personally that could be a deal breaker for me, I can't be looking out for my watch like i'm looking out for my phone.

It should atleast be rain-resistant, but smartwatches functioning under 100m water is a bit overkill if you ask me. I suppose it could be good if you dropped your watch into the ocean or something, but who is really going to dive 100m using their smartwatch? What's the point in having a smartwatch under water?

Without it being rain resistant however, things could get problematic if it were to start raining...

I don't think that they could release the iWatch without making it water resistant. What would you do if you were washing your hands? What would you do if it started raining? You use hands a lot, and you would need to make it water resistant.

Personally, I don't think it being water resistant will be a huge thing, even if it is included. Like most watches, it's nice to get into habit of just being careful with your belongings and taking off your watch when you need to shower, get wet, etc. I do think that it would be convenient for those times when accidents occur.

Personally, I don't think it being water resistant will be a huge thing, even if it is included. Like most watches, it's nice to get into habit of just being careful with your belongings and taking off your watch when you need to shower, get wet, etc. I do think that it would be convenient for those times when accidents occur.

But seriously? Does someone really be so protective with their belongings? Like, I haven't taken off my current watch in months. I'd hate having to take it off every time I went to the bathroom to wash my hands or to take a bath. Water resistance is a must have for me, and that's that.

I agree, for some people water resistant it's a must, but let's face it, you will have to pay for it. If you want the cheaper model don't be surprised if it's not water resistant.

Well, do you think that anyone will buy a watch that is not water resistant? Even if it's a cheaper model? Do you have any idea how many times we come into contact with watch, intentionally or unintentionally a day? Just buy a non -waterproef watch, and check to see how many days it lasts.

It better be water proof. Would be dumb if it wasnt. They could easily make a water proof smart watch if they chose to, but it would cost them more to do. 

Being water proof makes watches more convenient and if you think about it.. some people would lke the idea o being able to take a smart watch with them in the pool.. to take pics or whatever.

I think given the current trend they are following, Apple will not release a water proof smart watch. Apple often gives vanilla and standardized devices to consumers and gives third parties a great opportunity to make a lot of profit for the accessories they provide for Apple devices. For instance, you can find way more iPhone cases than any other cases for any other phones, as I see it. So in the same way, I think there will be a third party that will water proof the device for you, or at least, provide the option to you.

I don't know it for sure, but I think it will be waterproof, considering that Apple makes top quality products it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Yeah, I totally agree. I really don't want to go to the bathroom and spoil it accidentally. My current watch meets water at least ten times a day lol.

I really hope they manage to make it water resistant.

I always have a fear of forgetting i have it on and going in the pool or the bath and ruin it.

Would pay more if they did make it water resistant.

If it is waterproof that'll be great, definitely a huge factor in whether or not I buy it. It would be way more convenient if it's waterproof, however like someone else said then they can't make accessories to protect it from water.

It will have to be. 

The samsung phone has it, and soon their watch will.

Apple needs to make it water resistant to keep up.

3meters max I'd expect.

Exactly. What if you have it on you, and you accidentally fall into a swimming pool? I definitely wouldn't want my watch to get destroyed just because of that.