AB9100

Water resistant

Exactly, I think that the water proof feature is irrelevant to most people, that is why they make it water resistant. I think it's something of the past being water proof, when they advertised the watches in aquariums... :)

I honestly haven't heard anything about the new Apple Watch being waterproof, but I hope it is. If they were to make it waterproof, people would probably be more likely to get it. I personally have had multiple experiences of forgetting to take off a bracelet or watch before hopping into the pool or showering. If Apple didn't make their watch waterproof I could see myself damaging it pretty soon after getting it. 

Even with washing your hands, what if it accidentally gets water on it then? There'd be so many complaints if they didn't make it waterproof, and they want to make a profit off of it so they definitely should.

If the smartwatch that Apple have is water resistant better be good enough to work. I would assume that Apple would ensure that the water resistant technology would live up to its name.

What's the difference between water resistant and water proof?? Which one is better?

Any news regarding this features has not been officially released on the Internet by Apple but in my opinion, this feature will be present in Apple iWatch as Apple always releases high-quality products. The price of this smartwatch is more than average price of any other smartwatch in the market. So, I think it will be water resistant.