If you’re a Manchester City FC fan, we’ve got some good news for you: the Premier League’s champions have become the first club to launch an app for any wearable device; in this case, it’s Android Wear-based smartwatches.
The director of media and fan relationship management at the club, Diego Gigliani seemed quite excited about the app while talking to the media:
“We recognize the smartwatch market is still in its early stages but its popularity is projected to increase rapidly as new players come into the market. We’re thrilled to get in early and start discovering ways to tap into the devices’ potential.
For those fans who want to keep up with all the action but are unable to watch the game, having CityMatchday Wear on their Android watches will allow them to go about their busy days while receiving key updates related to our matches as they happen.”
Here’s what you will be able to see using the app:
- Team sheets, match details, match results, goals, and substitutions
- Match statistics such as fouls, possession, yellow and red cards awarded
- Bookings and Man of The Match details
- Text commentaries from CityMatchday
- The best Tweets from City fans around the world
You can download the app from Google Play Store.