Do you secretly fancy going into the space one day, but are just a developer? Well, then at least you can send your app to space because NASA is looking for someone to design an app for their astronauts to use in space.
NASA has partnered with one of the biggest freelancing portals: Freelancer.com to attract designs from indie developers for the smartwatch app that could help astronauts do their duties more efficiently and conveniently in the space.
According to a press release from NASA, these are some outlines for developers:
- Crew Timeline application: Will display an agenda view of the timeline as well as a way to easily navigate to another day in the past or future.
- Caution & Warnings application: Will display color coded cautions and warnings.
- Communication Status application: Will display whether or not the vehicle is currently able to communicate with the ground through either voice or video.
- Timers application: Will be able to set timers for procedures or until the next activity. This general design should direct attention to the appropriate information for a task and increase efficiency.
- Provide appropriate feedback to actions: Be legible on the smaller Samsung Gear screen – innovative representations of data displayed on a smartwatch are highly encouraged.
Samsung Gear 2 should be used as a hardware platform. Click here to learn more about the challenge.